Today saw the launch of the Futures Band iPhone and iPad app developed by myself with the creative input of the band.
The app itself features a number of marketing tools such as
- the bands blog, which allows the fan base to keep in touch
- a map for gig/venue dates (allowing fans to quickly find a venue near them) and online booking tool
- an interface into iTunes so fans can quickly and easily purchase and download the bands albums
- a QR code scanner that allows the band to put exclusive content on their CD covers and promotional material
- a mini app for users to take pictures at gigs and upload them directly on the bands website gallery
On top of that the app also allows for push messages to be sent to all the fans, a cheap and easy way for them to keep in touch with new albums, blog updates and band news.