I’m not just all about the I.T. theres a little more to me than that, although it is a major obsession!
I enjoy getting out at the weekend and hold a number of teaching qualifications in:
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Horse riding
- First Aid
For those of you who haven’t seen our iPhone application yet we’ve put together a quick demo movie highlighting some of the features such as:
• Live feeds (with friends updates including fish, coral, equipment, picture and movie additions) which you can comment on!
• View your and other peoples aquarium profiles
• View and send messages
• Follow or remove follows for other users aquarium updates
• NEW Question and Answers interface
• Upload pictures of your aquarium
• Look for your local fish shop (in UK and US only at the moment)
• View your aquarium data logging (if you have one)
• View most popular and recommended viewing aquarium profiles
• Add and keep track of your water tests eg Ca, Mg, Alk etc.
• View site news and updates
• NEW Easily add classified ads so you can sell items quickly
• NEW Browse and buy items close to you
• INTEGRATED tools for dosing and 3 part salt mixes!
• Fully integrated with YouTube – easlisy take and upload videos!
Today we share a stand with ITC Aquatics (a UK marine aquarium wholesaler) showing a tech preview at an industry trade show to guage feedback and ideas to go into our official launch at the Aquatics Live public show at Olympia.
Over the course of a year or so I must have brought on about 100 or so Pterapogon kauderni and passed them back to the pet trade to relieve the pressure on wild caught specimens. This is no easy task, keeping the parents well maintained and in constant broodstock condition with the commitment of multiple feedings of cultured live food and good water quality for the fry can be quite time consuming – but very rewarding!
Here is a macro movie of some of the fry eating artemia nauplii which you can see in the movie is 0.4mm wide.
Today we’re launching MarineMad to the public at the first ever show of its kind at Aqua 2011 in London’s Olympia Exhibition Centre – it promises to be a fab event!
We even have some mermaids to hand out our promotional material as IT just isn’t all that interesting on paper!
MarineMad.com is a project I have been working on for some time and has slowly developed into a bigger project than I ever anticipated.
The concept is to provide a user based Wikipedia type website where people can share set ups and habitats they keep tropical marine fish and corals.
On top of that a suite of tools for managing the complex chemistry and dosing requirements of these animals and corals have been created, along with an iPhone application that allows you to track parameters and dosing information as well as researching and a wealth of other additional tools.
So you could almost call it “facebook for fish”.
It will be interesting to see how this project develops over the next few months.
This project was continuation of the splash screen already developed. This phase saw a full stock control system and e-Commerce system implemented using the open source project OpenCart.
Customised pages were created so that OpenCart admin function could be easily used in a scenario where bulk updates could be made.
Stock control aspects were also created as so inventories could easily take place in the warehouse with an iPad and specially formatted web pages.