I finally see the fruits of my labor in a really nice enclosure for a top client of mine the Tropical Marine Centre. They wanted to stand out from the crowd with there 6 figure (£) exhibition stand at InterZoo, Germany.
They went really high tech and implemented 3 I.T. projects being:
- An iPad application for showing off brochure information on there state of the art lighting range
- An Arduino based ultrasonic sensor to detect distance at equate this graphically to the user to show light intensity of their top product
- A “Technology Center”, an interactive iPhone application that reads their product barcodes and shows full product information, whilst creating a twitter like feed on their home page showing user activity and what people were looking at
Today saw the launch of the Futures Band iPhone and iPad app developed by myself with the creative input of the band.
The app itself features a number of marketing tools such as
- the bands blog, which allows the fan base to keep in touch
- a map for gig/venue dates (allowing fans to quickly find a venue near them) and online booking tool
- an interface into iTunes so fans can quickly and easily purchase and download the bands albums
- a QR code scanner that allows the band to put exclusive content on their CD covers and promotional material
- a mini app for users to take pictures at gigs and upload them directly on the bands website gallery
On top of that the app also allows for push messages to be sent to all the fans, a cheap and easy way for them to keep in touch with new albums, blog updates and band news.
So, I could write an essay on what MarineMad is all about, or you could watch this 2 min movie – it really highlights the social networking, integration and development skills I’ve aquired over the years and is a bit of an epic project. Its also an opertunity to show off some of my video editing skills, another major interest of mine… photography!
This e-commerce app interfaces into Actinic, the online shop’s ecommerce system via a set of customised XML pages that feed the iPhone application with products and categories as well as a search feature.
The app also takes advantage of the brand new PayPal iOS library for seamless payments through paypal.